Tuesday 17 April 2007

Golf

We have arrived in El Calafate and it is quite a lovely town. Small, wide streets and unashamedly touristy (I am typing this blog in the bar of the hotel as a Tango show passes in the background).

T hasn't been feeling so well, so we have had a quiet day today. (Apparently I wasn't sympathetic enough yesterday. Mea Culpa). It has been nice doing little but organising the next week.

Tomorrow we are going to see glaciers by boat. On Thursday we are going to walk on one (A Glacier, not a Boat - gosh - pronouns can be _so_ imprecise). We are going North to El Chalten for the weekend. And we have booked our bus to Chile (don't know if it is Argentinian or not.)

Oh - and breking news - We are staying in a hostel in El Chalten.

The weather is cold, but dry, clear and crisp. Very nice indeed.



El Calafate


Our hotel has a golf course, so when T decided to relax in bed reading for the afternoon, I played Billy-no-mates on the course. It cost more to buy the balls than the green fees :-) And they lent me clubs for free.

The 'course' is actually 9 tees and three greens. All par 3. They gave me a 2 wood. Heaven only knows why - but I did use it to get from off the green to within an inch of the hole on one hole though :-)



Golf 'course'


Given that I hadn't hit a ball for 18 months I felt I didn't do too bad:


  • Only one duffed tee shot
  • Only 2 blobs (Stableford)
  • no three putts (putts off green don't count)
  • No holes in double figures
  • No lost balls
  • No lost tees

In the end - 11 Stableford points for my nominal 28 handicap.

And - another Spanisheo ...

Dropeo


Scorchio.

Finally, it seems like BsAs is being flooded - TV pictures of cars stranded in Pelermo on TV. Good job we left a week early.

Tomorrow we are up early for a big boat trip. Goodnight.

No comments: