Monday 14 May 2007

Wine Country

We spent a couple of quiet days at Club Tapiz. It is a small winery, just south of Mendoza, which has relocated operations and turned the old buildings into a 7 room hotel and very nice restaurant.

I had got quite annoyed with the laptop having periodically flaky WiFi connections, which I guessed were sometimes due to the US/UK differences in implementation (I've had this issue before). So I left lady T to recover in bed and went for an explore to the local Wal-Mart.

The hotel had an extensive wine cellar.



Wine Cellar - extensive


We had a little bit of a tasting session each night. I'm no wine buff, but we are planning on doing some more tastings soon and so I thought I'd try them out. They tasted like wine.

Once Madam had recovered sufficiently to be fit for public consumption, she spend a goodly number of hours in front of the fire in the lounge.



Relaxing in the lounge


We had a lovely meal in the restaurant and chatted to a journalist and a professional tango dancer (who also works as a data warehousing consultant).

No comments: