Wednesday 17 December 2008

Back in Rio - Xmas and New Year 2008/9

 

Rio - damp

So, here I am once more ...
(oops, shouldn't really start quoting Marillion lyrics should I - it'll show how old I am.)

Did I mention it was my birthday?

So, T and I are back in South America. This time for a month. And only in Brazil.
We had a lovely flight time (11:40am) from Heathrow and, after depositing the car in the extortionately expensive car park, arrived in plenty of time to have a Gordon Ramsey breakfast - nice food - appalling service - shocking price, before getting onto the plane and sitting on the tarmac for the best part of an hour.

The entertainment was good enough. Hancock, Ghost Town, Mummy 3 and Trans Siberia. Time passed and we landed.

Arrived at the Marriott (those points do add up) and went straight to bed, pausing only to open my "Happy Birthday Fiance" card (did I mention it was my birthday? - what about the fact that T and I are engaged (which happened 10 months ago)).
Anyway. We awoke to poor weather.

Our spirits were not dampened. After wandering about - failing to get cash - getting a SIM card for the phone and getting wet, we sat at a kiosk on Copacabana beach and had a beer. It's my birthday. We had a beer. On the beach.

T spotted a nice looking restaurant in the guide book and so we toddled off to Porcao. It's a Brazilian BBQ joint. An all you can eat affair. With a cloud enshrouded Sugar Loaf mountain as a backdrop.


T helping to celebrate my birthday - what a trooper


We waddled back for a siesta.

(There's still a bit of my birthday left).

3,577 steps so far today.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We had our suspicions (about the engagement -- we knew about the birthday)