Tuesday 27 March 2007

Grazia Replacement - Evita

Hello, I'm making a guest appearance on the blog.

Well as you may or may not know I'm normally addicted to magazines, I have managed to negotiate a few out of the kitty when we've been in the airport but other than that I've been starved of Celeb gossip - bar the gossip updates I get on email (thanks Em!)

Sooo the next best thing here in BA which remotely relates to celebrity world is Eva Peron you know the "Don't cry for me Argentina" lady ( tune belted out by Madge and Elaine Paige.)

First of all, grim but true we saw her grave in the cemetary in BA. It seems she was both hated and loved, a true diva of her day I reckon. People actually go to her grave to pray and treat her like a saint. I was allowed an afternoon's freedom (after the mobile phone issue had been organised - so I wasn't totally alone:-)) the other day and went to the museum completely dedicated to her life, she only lived for 30 years and by all accounts seems to have caused quite a stir for a large part of them (just like Madge really- no wonder she wanted to play her in the film.)

Next plan is to go on a political tour and find out more about the whole period she was around and about the dramatic political swings that have occurred here over the years.

No comments: